First United Methodist Church San Leandro
Where your relationship with God will grow through Prayer & Praise, Study and Service
Serving San Leandro since 1853
Welcome ! Thanks for visiting the First UMC San Leandro website!
For your consideration:
Gen. 50: 19-21 Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done; “the saving of many lives”. So don’t be afraid I will provide for you and your children.
Our journey is sometimes riddled with struggles and obstacles. We constantly look back at what we should have done. We look back when what we did is not Christ like. The principle here in Genesis is to find life, holiness and salvation by being in the place of God. Here at FUMC we know it is a personal journey but we assist you in finding that place.
Sunday Morning Schedule
- Worship 9:30
- Fellowship with refreshments after service 10:40
- Children’s Sunday Bible story after Children’s time in worship.
- Adult Christian education 11am
- For more information about worship see the Prayer & Praise link.
- For more information about Children’s and Adult education see the Study link
Hanging of the Greens – join us on Saturday, December 2 at 10am as we decorate the Sanctuary, Wesley Rm., and Hale Hall for the Christmas season including putting up the Giving Tree for the women and children helped by Building Futures with Women and Children. The greater the number of helpers, the quicker the work will go. There’s something for nearly everyone to do; so please consider participating in this annual event!
“Festive Christmas Feast.” will be on Sunday, December 3 – Noon-2 PM — Bring your favorite holiday Pot-Luck dish to share at this afternoon of good food, fellowship, and joyful singing!
- Nov.23 Thanksgiving Meal-Hale Hall-Produced by (INH) Interfaith Homeless network. Open to the public. To help-contact Noel Moritz at email@example.com
- Church Office- Closed 11/23-11/24
- Nov.24 Warming Center-Opens- The center opens for the homeless depending on the weather. For more information see warming center
- Dec 2nd Sandwich Assembly for homeless. To volunteer please contact Carolyn Keeney or the FUMC office.
- For additional events see Calendar.
Links to UMC
United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) responds to natural disaster anywhere in the world as well as provide programs in health, sustainable agriculture, food security, relief supplies, and more. UMCOR spends 100 percent of designated donations on the projects donors specify.
For news about the world wide United Methodist Church see UMC News.